2 – 6 years
Job description :
a L3 Technical Support Engineer, you will be a part of the Industrial
Automation division which delivers integrated solutions for control,
plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge and
services to help process industry customers worldwide meet their
critical business needs in the areas of operational profitability,
capital productivity, risk management and global responsibility. These
industries include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals,
pulp and paper, metals, cement, minerals, marine and turbocharging.
• Provides technical expertise in 800xA
products and gives technical guidance during FAT, SAT, Product testing,
field testing, deployment and operational phases for ABB Customers
across the Globe.
• Manages critical customer issues and facilitate communication between Business Units and Development teams.
• Will be the highest level (L3) of technical escalation for the Business Units/customers for different portfolio of products.
• Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of issues
and for problem reproduction and escalation. Document and reproduce
customer related problems.
• Coordinate with development engineers L4 for the fix and delivery fix to Business Units/customers.
• Supporting customers during run time activities and provide online trouble shooting support and resolution.
• Attend gate meetings based on the development activities where L3 support team is involved.
• To participate and give comments on the Product bulletins, field alerts and technical bulletins.
• Participate in tasks such as new product development projects, Knowledge base creation and other documentation activities.
• Help improve processes and tools.
• Provide ongoing technical and process training on new product developments and service offerings.
• Participate as technical expertise during the new product promotion phase.
• Work with external partners, vendors, and customers to
document and distribute FAQs for knowledge transfer and consistently
• Document all actions taken toward resolving customer issues in contact Power Help database.
• Handling escalations from tier 1 & 2 technical support teams around the globe.
• The role would also require the engineer to travel to
site on need basis for consulting, Training, system-upgradation, onsite
• To coordinate with other L3 centers and provide resolution on a timely basis