4 to 8 yr.
Job description :
As a R&D Engineer, you will be a part of Power Grids Division and the High Voltage Business unit based at Vadodara. ABB is World’s No.1 in Power Products Business and the product manufactured becomes the key components to transmit and distribute electricity. The division incorporates ABB’s manufacturing network for transformers, switchgear, circuit breakers, cables and associated equipment. It also offers all the services needed to ensure products’ performance and extend their lifespan.Tasks
:You will be responsible for the following activities as a R&D Engineer:
• Design and detailing of various modules/sub-systems of high voltage GIS (Circuit breaker, disconnector, bus bar/bus duct, earthing switch, structure).
• Create base design as a foundation for decisions in the feasibility stage of a project.
• Perform mechanical (static and dynamic), dielectric and electro-magnetic calculation.
• Design documentation (Development/feasibility study report/delivery and test instruction).
• Follow design processes/tools like DFMEA, DFM, DFA, DFSS, DOE etc.
• Prototyping and testing of GIS.
• Coordination with global R&D team for project execution.Requirements:
Candidates holding B.Tech/M.Tech in Mechanical or Electrical with 4 - 8 years of experience in design and development of high voltage SF6 switchgear will be an ideal fit for this position.
You should also have the following knowledge and skills to be considered for this position:
• Knowledge of high voltage GIS bay/substation.
• Knowledge of project management (planning, budgeting, risk management etc.)
• Working knowledge of IEC standards and type testing of switchgear.
• Hands-on experience in mechanical calculations using FEA tools (Ansys, Creo Simulate, Adams).
• Hands-on experience in dielectric and electro-magnetic calculation using FEA tools (Flux, Coulomb).
• Working knowledge of design process/quality tools like DFMEA, DFM, DFA, DFSS, DOE etc.
• Hands-on experience in 3D model/PLM tool like Creo 2.0, PDM Link and SAP.
• Hands-on experience of drawing, BOM, GD&T.
• Manufacturing knowledge (casting, machining, sheet metal & plastic parts etc.)
• Knowledge of Material and standards (ISO, DIN, IS).