Job description :
As a Project Engineer - Power Management & Substation Automation Systems, you will be a part of the Industrial Automation division and Process Industries business unit based in Bangalore which delivers integrated solutions for control, plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge and services to help process industry customers worldwide meet their critical business needs in the areas of operational profitability, capital productivity, risk management and global responsibility. These industries include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals, cement, minerals, marine and turbocharging.Tasks
•Deliver advanced application engineering for an Electrical power generation control
System / Substation automation domain as per customer functional specification.
•Verify and Test Power generation/Substation automation control applications developed as per ABB standard power management system.
•Preparation of Power Management System/Substation automation functional scope for a process plant and Substations automation plant.
•Preparation of Power management system/substation automation FAT and SAT procedures.
•Participate in providing electrical automation solutions for technical bidding, consultancy, and customer meetings.
•Provide solutions for application engineering development by understanding electrical control drawings and loops.
•Co-ordinate with team for overall delivery of the scope within time frame and quality.
•Collect power management automation solutions to maintain a high level of technical expertise in team.
•Provide advance level support for ABB product development team for product type testing, system type testing and functional type testing.
•Co-ordinate for power system integration design, system automation design and HMI design and implementation in a project.
•Involve in commissioning of ABB Power management system for captive power plants and
Substation automation domain independently.
•Train the team members on new areas of development.Requirements:
•Hands on experience on international distributed electrical integration and automation applications, including applicable communication protocols.
•Hands on experience on IED Engineering and commissioning in electrical protection relay applications.
•Working experience of Electrical automation experience with IEC61850, OPC, Modbus,
•Modbus TCP/IP & Profibus communication protocols.Soft skills
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
• Excellent technical speaking and writing skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
• Willing to travel extensively.Educational Qualification and Experience
• Minimum B.Tech/ B.E/ Diploma from a reputed University with First Class in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics engineering.
• 3-7 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in project engineering with consulting companies or with engineering departments of EPC companies.
• Experience on large electrification projects in metals, cement, minerals, material handling and paper industry will be advantage.