Job description :
As a Project Engineer - Control Instrumentation & Drives – Application Software, you will be a part of the Industrial Automation division and Process Industries business unit based in Bangalore which delivers integrated solutions for control, plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge and services to help process industry customers worldwide meet their critical business needs in the areas of operational profitability, capital productivity, risk management and global responsibility. These industries include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals, cement, minerals, marine and turbocharging.Tasks:
To engineer and do Software Development, FAT, Start-up, Commissioning, handover & Service of assigned projects in time. Apart from this, engineer to provide technical service/ support to customers.
• Logic understanding & I/O list preparation
• Software Development
• Simulation Testing & FAT
• Delivery of project within the agreed schedule
• Material checking at site using packing list.
• Hardware checking (Panels, Computer peripherals etc.).
• Inspection / Supervision of Power, Control, Screened, Communication & special cable laying.
• Tightness checking of wiring and components inside panels (IO, CPU and Server).
• Establishing and troubleshooting Profibus, Ethernet, Modbus and FO networks as per the System architecture drawing.
• Voltage measurement and record all the parameters w.r.t P-N, P-E and N-E in all the panels and control desk.
• Power up of CPU Panels, MCC IO & RIO panels.
• Power up of Engineering Station, Servers and all Operator Station etc.
• Testing /Simulation of developed software along with customer.
• Individual signal testing between field to IO panel and from IO panel to DCS/Operator stations.
• Fine tuning and modification / troubleshooting of logics as per customer requirements.
• Modification of Graphics as per operational requirements.
• No load trials for individual drive and verification of each signal in the object display (Face plate)
• Load trials for individual drive.
• Trials for Hydraulic & Pneumatic System
• Group trials and interlock checking for start / stop sequence.
• Simulation checking of all Analog input/output signals.
• PID parameter tuning for close loop control.
• Alarms, Events and Trends configuration.
• Additional alarms, Events & Trends etc. as per site requirement during commissioning.
• Generation and monitoring of reports (Shift, Daily, Weekly & Monthly).
• Checking and recording the CPU loading for each controller (with Scan time and Cyclic time)
• PG Test as per the contract with respect to project.
• Handing over protocol.
• As Commissioned Document, Red lining document to be maintained during the course of Commissioning in two sets.
• On-time start-up (commissioning) of the delivered projects
• Capturing customer complaints and timely solution
• Updating reusable solutions, work-around and problems handled into database.Requirements:Technical
• Knowledge of DCS/ PLC HW/SW Components
• Knowledge of IT/ Network/ Peripherals like UPS, Printer, PC’s, Server components of DCS system
• Knowledge in application programming & HMI development/ modifications for PLC/ DCS systems
• Knowledge on different communication protocols used in automation
• Knowledge of below systems is added advantage -
• ABB automation systems like 800xA, Freelance, compact products.
• Experience of engineering/ commissioning/ trouble shooting/ servicing automation & drive systems preferably in hot metal rolling or profile mill applicationsSoft skills
• A quick grasp for user and functional requirements
• Good oral and written communication skills in English.
Willing to travel extensively.Educational Qualification and Experience
• Minimum B.Tech/ B.E/ Diploma from a reputed University with First Class in Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics engineering.
• 2-5 years of relevant work experience in automation solutions by similar suppliers in Cement & Metals industry.